Business Transformation Strategies
XLRI was founded in 1949 by a few visionary Jesuit Fathers to bring about a change in society. The institute always strives to be a management school with a difference. The pursuit of academic excellence and fostering whole-person integral growth of students has been the hallmark of XLRI for over six decades. XLRI has consistently been ranked as one of India’s best B-Schools.
Since 2002, XLRI Virtual Interactive Learning (VIL), gives working professionals an opportunity to undertake management education without taking a break from their careers. Over 7000 working professionals have benefited from programmes under XLRI VIL.
VIL is a unique model of live online teaching where XLRI faculty teach students across the country.
- Be able to scan an uncertain environment, identify change agents and understand sources of challenges.
- Develop an integrated cross-functional plan to transform a business in response to the changing environment.
- Be equipped to implement and manage stakeholders involved with the turnaround and transformation process.
Register to Download eBrochure
All the key elements of the program – the faculty, the content, peer interactions and application exercises etc. are designed specifically for senior management executives who are responsible for key strategic decisions in their organization. Also, for experienced functional level heads or SBU heads who seek a broader perspective with their career progression to take on greater managerial responsibilities at the organization. The modules are crafted in a way that even change agents in organisations can be benefited from the programme.
- Graduation (10+2+3) in any discipline.
- A minimum 8 years of work experience in managerial role.
- Decision-making role is preferred.
- Confident fluency in written and spoken English.
Creating Competitive Advantage with Products & Services
- Introduction to Strategy & Business Environment
- Understanding Customer Value Creation
- Pricing & Market Segmentation Analysis
- Product Life Cycle Analysis
Business Process & Operations Analysis
- Supply Chain & Value Management
- Value Chain Analysis
- Business Process Analysis & Redesign
Financial Performance Assessment
- Understanding Economic & Business Relevance of Financial Data
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Analysis of Business Value Drivers
- Economies of Scale & Scope
- External Environment – PEST, Porter’s 5 Forces Model
- Internal Environment – Resources & the Organisation
- Strategic Alignment – SWOT analysis
- Porter’s Generic Strategies for Business
- Miles & Snow Strategies for Business
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Cooperative Strategies
Organisation Structure & Design
- Organisational Boundaries
- Internal Organisational Structures
- Vertical & Horizontal Integration
- Corporate Parenting
Corporate Governance & Risk Assessment
- Role & Structure of Corporate Boards
- Market Mechanisms of Governance
- Risk Assessment & Management of Organisational Controls
- Responsibility Center Design & Management
Strategic Performance Assessment
- Principles of Organisational Performance Assessment
- Balanced Scorecard for Organisational Performance Assessment
- Restructuring of Funding Sources
- Financial Evaluation of Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Evaluation of Buybacks, Joint Ventures, Divestitures, and Non-Controlling Investments
- Business Portfolio Restructuring
- Organisational Restructuring
Business Process Re-engineering & Design Thinking
- Process Improvement Framework
- Process Improvement Tools
- Introduction to Design Thinking
Organisational Inertia, Resistance, and Change
- Role of Stability and Change in an Organisation
- Sources of Organisational Inertia
- Managing Behavioural Change
Communication Strategies in a Change Environment
- Managing Communication Objectives
- Stakeholder Analysis & Management
- Communication Strategies in a VUCA environment
- Managing Investor Communications
- Organisational Consolidation
- Growth Strategies
- Models of Strategic Change & Transformation
- Managing Change Recipients
- Comprehensive Case Study Analysis
Dr. Santosh Sangem
Associate Dean, VIL
Dr. Sangem is a Chartered Accountant and an FPM from IIM Calcutta.
His research interests are in economics, banking, corporate finance and business transformation. He has conducted executive education programmes for several companies including Accenture, Capgemini, Viacom, L&T, ONGC
Dr. Indrajit Mukherjee
Dr. Mukherjee has a BTech from IIT Kharagpur and a PGDBM and an FPM from IIM Calcutta.
He has worked with Honeywell, Tata and SAIL. His research interests include technology and innovation, strategy, corporate governance and business transformation. He has presented award winning papers at Indian and international conferences.
Dates & Fees
|28th July, 2019||12 months||Live-Online Teaching + 10 days of XLRI Campus Immersion, Jamshedpur||INR 3,40,000 + taxes|
|Instalment 1||20th Jul, 2019||INR 1,00,000 (Programme fees) + 20,000 (Campus visit accommodation fees) + Applicable GST|
|Instalment 2||14th Oct, 2019||INR 1,00,000 (Programme fees) + Applicable GST|
|Instalment 3||14th Jan, 2020||INR 1,00,000 (Programme fees) + 20,000 and (Campus visit accommodation fees) + Applicable GST|